Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Girl Time!

Hello friends!  I know, I know...where have I been, right?  I haven't updated my blog since October 2nd.  I don't honestly know what happened, but the time got away from me.  I am going to commit to updating my blog at least once a week from this point on.  I am new at blogging and have a lot to learn...boy do I have a lot to learn.  I don't know what I would do without my friend Julie Arvin.  She is always so willing to help me whenever I have a problem with my blog.  Julie is so great at this kind of stuff.  Thank you Julie, your the best!

This past weekend my friend Jen Martin came over for our monthly get together.  We try to get together once a month if we can.  We usually try to each plan and prep at least 3 projects for us to complete.  This time we went a little crazy!  I have been seeing so many cool projects on Pinterest, and thought this would be the perfect time to try some of them. 

The first project was a huge task!  There was so much prep work for this one.  I had to paint the 11x14 canvas frames.  I had to paint it with 3 coats of pink, 1 coat crackle medium, 1 coat white and finished with acrylic spray.  That part wasn't so bad.  The next step was to make 75 ribbon rosettes, yes 75!  That is the part that took the longest.  It took several days, and boy did my hands hurt.  I still need to make about 10-15 more just to fill in, but will show you what it looks like at this point.


Again, I am not totally happy with it yet.  I want to add some more rosettes to it to fill in and make the heart a little more plump.  One of my friends also suggested that I change out the pink bow for a red one.  Thanks Mel :-)  So this is still a work in progress.

The next project is a Conversation Heart wall hanging.  I saw this idea on Pinterest and fell in love with it.  Super easy, cute & fun!  Here is a picture of mine.


It's not the greatest picture.  I haven't hung it up yet, but, when I do I will take a better picture and share it.

Here is another project that I found on Pinterest.  It's a 8x10 Dry Erase Frame.  What a great idea right?  They work so much better than those white boards.


So simple to make.  Just find a frame you like, it can be any size.  Put a piece of paper inside the frame.  I used a piece of lined designer series paper (retired) from Stampin' Up.  Then just add a bow or whatever type of decoration you want.  I also attached a dry erase marker on the side of the frame.  This is such a great gift idea.

The next project I want to share with you is a simple 8x8 Valentine's Day scrapbook page. 


The next 2 cards I can not take credit for, they were totally cased.  I love them both!


Created by:  Claudia Manderla
 
 

Created by:  Monica Weaver


That is all that I have to show you for now.  A little later this week I will be sharing with you the projects that Jen supplied.   I love getting together with Jen, she has so much positive energy!  We have so much fun together. 

Don't forget it's Sale-A-Bration time!  That's right, Sale-A-Bration begins today! It's the best time of the year!  Contact me today to schedule your workshop, or to place your orders.

Until next time stamping friends...Happy Stamping :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy-

    You're so welcome for the help with your blog. Not a big deal.

    I love the projects that you made. They are beautiful:) I look forward to our get-together soon:)

    ReplyDelete